Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Best Laid Plans

I think it is safe to say that I am not the best blogger on the planet.

But, if nothing else, I am persistent.

And as I write this all I can hear in my head are the voices of my two children singing the "Keep Trying" song from Yo Gabba Gabba...something only a parent with young kiddos can understand.

I think my biggest obstacle has been that I don't blog really for me.  I always think about the hypothetical audience that I don't actually have and wonder what those folks might want to read about.  There are lots of great blogs out there if you are bored and need something to do...this blog isn't going to be for that.

This is going to be for me.  Because, like most mothers, I don't do enough things that are for no other reason than because I want to.

I pretend that running is me time.  Nope. I hate running.  In fact, I only run half-marathons because the training plan is long and I am slow so going on training runs means that for eight weeks I get at least an hour or two to myself a few times a week.  If I actually run for more than an hour, I hate it.  10K is my happy distance, and 10 minutes/mile is my happy pace.  

See that smile?  Note the distance - six miles.
Add another mile and I stop grinning and start swearing!
So now there is proof.  Running for charity is fun.  Running for around an hour - also fun.  But not the "me time" that I really want.  Because the thing I want is to empty my head, and all running does is make me think about all the things I have to do.  That's the opposite of helpful.

I know lots of ladies who blog.  They all have super cute layouts and are just amazing at everything.  I find myself viewing their blogs like I do Pinterest and thinking that I can try what they are doing.  I'll be crafty and fun and clever and do everything at all times completely perfect.  And I'll have on makeup and curl my hair too.

All lies.

What I will do is say whatever I want on here and hope that I remember to do it every day. 

No more plans.  Just a forum to dump whatever I can't get out of my head onto the screen in hopes of sleeping a little better tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment